In v0.90v of the 1999 editor, it's easier to add Disqus comments to a blog.
- Edit the template and add [%disqusComments%] after the divChatLog section of the body. It might already be there if you created your site after Aug 29, 2016. Here's a screen shot that illustrates the placement.
- Choose Settings from the System menu at the right edge of the menu bar. Click on the Disqus tab.
- Click the checkbox to enable the feature. Screen shot.
- Optional. If you have created your own Disqus group you can enter its ID in the space provided, or you can accept the default 1999io group, created for 1999.io users.
- Click OK.
- Edit a post on the site and update it. Click on the Eye icon for the post. if it worked you should see a comments section at the bottom of the post.
If you have questions post a comment here.